Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My car was repossessed, am I out of luck?

Am I out of luck? So this is the story-- My car was under mine and my ex husbands name. I fell behind on my payments because of a lay off. Once my car was repossessed I thought I'd just be able to call in and catch up on my payments and get my car back. I was very wrong. They want me to pay it off with them because my ex husband filed for bankruptcy. So I tried to refinance but didn't qualify with my credit history. I tried to have a co-signer but the financial institutions said I couldn't have a co-signer for a refinance unless I had no credit. Ok so went to Plan B. My cousin tried to get the loan for me. Now that's not working because number one they said his name is not on the vehicle and number two they don't refinance repossessed vehicles. I feel as if I've exhausted every option. Am I out of luck? Should I just give up now? It's very hard for me because this car was my baby. I put a lot of work into it. Lots of aftermarket parts. I put a lot of money into this car and I feel helpless as far as getting it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment