Monday, August 15, 2011

Why are black people in the south so phobic?

I am a black male. I was born and raised in GA and now live in Alabama. I am biual, mostly closeted about because I know that my family and most of the people I know would disown me if I came out with it. But what really troubles me is how it seems like so many black people in the south are such s. Just talking about gay issues brings out about 50 different insults not directed toward anyone in particular. They'll smile and talk to gay or bi people to their faces, but let them walk away good and out come the jokes and insults, it really makes me sick. Whenever they try insulting gay people around me, I clam up, don't say a word and just look at them like how can someone so nice be so stupid at the same time. I was born and raised in ATL so I might have a little more exposure to reality unlike most of my family who are from much smaller towns. Anyways, I'm rambling on. Why do you think this is the case for so many black people in the south? Or is it everybody in the south? Any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment